12.08.2010

Howie Good:
Two Poems

Carnivalesque

Feel the glow of ghosts.
Angels have become extinct.
We’re circling the parking lot
searching for a spot, 
shepherds, G-men,
prisoners of our own thought,
while the ice-pick killer confesses
to an empty auditorium, 
pockets stuffed with incandescent
ampoules of ambergris.  



Arrival and Departure

I wore my only suit. A flock of wild turkeys I met on the path said continue straight ahead. It was still night under the trees, but I abstained from sleeping. I could hear lovers panting before I could see them. The ground shook at shorter and shorter intervals. Nobody knew for sure back then the number of volts it took to kill a healthy man. 






Howie Good is the author of the full-length poetry collections Lovesick (Press Americana, 2009), Heart With a Dirty Windshield (BeWrite Books, 2010), and Everything Reminds Me of Me (Desperanto, 2011), as well as 23 print and digital poetry chapbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment